Wednesday, January 28, 2015

8 months update

How did my baby girl get to be so big already? She was exactly 35 weeks/8 months on Tuesday 20th of January.

 


Weight:
22lbs 3oz or 10.1kg between 91st and 98th percentile

Height:
29inches or 74cm,  98th percentile

Health:
She was very congested for almost 3 weeks, luckily she wasn't too bad during the day, but she needed a bit more love during the night when she couldn't breathe.


Teething:
She now has 8 teeth(the last one broke through on the 27th of January), when she's teething, she gets a bit crazy, shouting and screeching. Not actually crying.
Next up are the molars :(

Nicknames
Cheeky monkey, cheeky chops

Eating:
She hasn't refused anything yet.

She has a 4oz nightfeed at 4/5am, porridge at 8am, lunch about 12pm, 4oz bottle around 3pm, dinner 5:30 and a 7oz bottle at 6:45pm.
She will eat 120g/roughly 4oz of solids each meal and sometimes she has a little yogurt or fruit puree for dessert.

Next step is reducing the amount of milk she has in her bottles, with getting rid of the afternoon bottle completely.


 
 
She always takes off her shoe and socks(often only the left ones), I had to start putting tights on her and make sure we don't lose the shoes when we're out and about.


Sleeping:
Between wanting to practice rolling over in bed and being congested, she was waking up a little bit more earlier this months.
For a while she would wake up around 12/1am and I'd try to settle her back to sleep, but she would cry every time I put her down. In the end I let her sleep a bit on me(upright position helped her breathe) and then put her in her bed asleep. Luckily she has stopped that again now.
She still wakes up for a nightfeed as well around 3/4/5am, which I was really hoping to have stopped by now.

Daytime napping is great, she has two naps lasting about 1:45hrs-3hrs in total.
We don't have definite napping times yet as it all depends on what time she gets up in the morning, but she tends to have her longer sleep around 10am, then another shorter one early afternoon.

Nappies:
Size 4 during the day and 4+ at night. I still change her whenever she has a nightfeed


Clothing: 
9-12 months but I have started buying 12-18 and just roll her sleeves up. Her winter coat is a size 12-18 to make sure it fits until April/May





Social:
I've been a bit lazy going to groups so all we've been doing is our weekly sensory class. We only have one session left and I haven't signed us up for any other classes.


 
Likes:
She's loving life! She really is a happy baby.
She loves pulling on Mama's and Mummy's hair.
She thinks Mummy is hilarious(she gets more giggles than me) and loves to be sneaky and pull her glasses off.
She loves it when I sing the 'Say Hello' song from our class.

 
Dislikes:
Going for a nap, though she does eventually sleep, but that initial moment of being put in her crib is greeted with grumpiness.

Milestones:
She can definitely sit up now, she will just sit between the sofas and play with her toys, which is lovely.
She's pushing herself up like a seal when she's on her tummy and sometimes she lifts her bum, but no crawling yet. But we're not in a hurry as we will need to babyproof once she's mobile.

She has started shuffling down to the bottom of her cot and rolls over like a champ.

She has just started waving, which is very sweet, but she seems to only wave at my partner.


Mama:
I am very broody. I was ready for the next baby a few days after I gave birth. Sadly we cannot afford another child.
I currently don't earn any money and have trouble finding another nanny job so won't be eligible for maternity pay again.
My partner is only receiving a stipend for finishing her PhD.
We are VERY good with money, don't drink, don't have a car and don't really go out anymore, otherwise we would probably struggle with the little we have left after paying rent, bills, food and baby essentials like nappies and formula.

Other than that, let's not talk about my pre-pregnancy body ok? ;-)
My hair stopped falling out, but now I have crazy re-growth, which drives me bananas.



What we are looking forward to:
Going to London again, either 2 nights or possibly extending it to a 4 day stay.
If all goes well, one of my nanny friends will babysit Emilia while we attend a concert together, first time I'm leaving Emilia longer than 30 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. She looks like such a big girl now! I love your high chair by the way! :)
    I can't believe she already has 8 teeth! I really hope we're getting a little break from teething.
    I'm pretty jealous that you didn't need to leave Emilia for longer than 30 minutes! I so wish I could stay home with Fox as well.
    I'm ready for #2 as well, but Katie is nowhere near that...some days she doesn't even want to consider additional children. :( Three moms from my mommy group who also had their babies in 2014, are already pregnant again! Hopefully you guys can make it work somehow!

    ReplyDelete