Saturday, October 5, 2013

9 week update

I am 9 weeks and 1 day today and I thought it was time for a little update.

At 5 weeks I experienced some bleeding, I got scared and immediately booked a private early pregnancy scan for 6 weeks, which was the earliest I could find around here.

The scan was at 6+1 and luckily all seemed ok, baby measured 4mm and a heartbeat could be clearly seen

The company offered me a (cheap) rescan for the week after, which I took advantage of.
At 7+1 baby measured 11.5mm, so had almost tripled in size.

The pictures look nothing like what I saw on the screen during the ultrasound, it was much clearer.


At 9 weeks I had the scan with my fertility scan to confirm the pregnancy, baby is now 25.5mm, so has more than doubled in the last two weeks. It looked much more like a baby instead of just a blob, the sonographer even switched to a 3D preview for a few seconds.

There is still an area of bleeding visible on the scan, also known as a subchorionic haemorrhage(SCH) and I was advised to take it easy and that I may experience more bleeding.
This was my last visit at my clinic and I am now officially a 'normal' pregnant woman in care of the NHS.

I had my first booking in appointment with a midwife at my chosen hospital last week at 8 weeks. She checked my weight, height, bloods and we went through my medical history. All in all the appointment took 75 minutes. I was also given some leaflets and freebies, which I will go over in one of my next posts.
Next time I'm going back will be for my first NHS scan at 12 weeks.
So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment