Tuesday, December 3, 2013

17 and 18 week update

I decided to combine 17 and 18 weeks as not much has happened really:

How far along:
17 & 18 weeks

Baby is the size of an:
First onion and now a sweet potato
 
 


Total weight gain:
none, which I find amazing, but to be honest it's not unusual when you start a bit heavier
The box of German Christmas goodies that arrived in the post today might change this though...
17 weeks
 
 
18 weeks
 
 
Maternity Clothes?
None yet, but really need to get some jeans as mine as starting to become very uncomfortable and the hair tie is no longer doing the trick

Stretch Marks?
No new ones

Sleep?
Have been trying to sleep on my left side as it's best for the baby but I just don't find it comfortable and keep waking up on my back
 
Best moment of the Week:
Attending our gender scan with my partner, it was the first time she was able to come along to a scan and I think she quite enjoyed it. Baby had hiccups which was cute to watch. The little monkey was a bit shy at first keeping the legs closed but we found out we're having a .... stay tuned ;-)

Movement:
Still nothing

Food Cravings:
Still meat and the other night I really wanted cucumbers

Belly Button in or out:
In

Gender:
Will be revealed soon!

Symptoms:
Nothing really, I don't feel anything at all other than some ligament pain/stretching pains every now and again and the odd bit of queasiness, but my tight jeans don't help with that

Anything Making you queasy or Sick?
It's random what makes me feel queasy really but it's nothing like it was in the first trimester, so I just accept it

Have you Started to Show yet?
No, just look like I need to really start a diet 

What I miss:
Sleeping on my back

What I'm looking forward to:
My next scan at 20 weeks

What I'm not looking forward to:
Telling work that I'm pregnant, so still the same
 

3 comments:

  1. Just look at that little profile! I remember telling my wife that I thought even the ultrasound pictures of our little one were beautiful. I'm sure you feel the same. I can't wait for the gender reveal! It seems boys are trending right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby is actually facing the screen and the shadows are making it look like 'it' has a beard, don't know if you can see it, but it's all we can see now whenever we look at the print out ;-)
    I'm absolutely in love with my 12 week scan picture, I think baby has beautiful pouty lips in it. The more recent pictures were taken at a private scanning place and the quality of the prints isn't as good as the one I got at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of your german chocolate…! :) Can't wait to hear what you're having…you can't just leave us hanging like this…lol!

    ReplyDelete