Saturday, February 15, 2014

27 and 28 week update

How far along:
27 and 28 weeks, officially into my third trimester!!!

Baby is the size of a:
First a cauliflower and now a head of lettuce
 
Total weight gain:
9lbs
(27 weeks)
(28 weeks)
(28 weeks)
 
 
 
Maternity Clothes?
nothing new, though I desperately need some more, my old clothes are getting too short

Stretch Marks?
no new ones

Sleep?
not great, having trouble falling asleep
 
Best moment of the Week:
Going to a second hand sale for baby items and finding a few bargains
(all this for £15/$25, which includes a brand new Baby Boden dress, 4 pairs of Trumpette socks, a sleep bag and lots of vests/onesies, sadly all in size 3months+)
 

Plus my hostfamily in New York(where I worked as an Au Pair from 2004-2006) have offered to pay for our cot/crib as a sort of baby shower present(despite us not having one). I was shocked at their generosity.

Movement:
not as much as previously, I think baby has changed position as I can't see the movement as much from the outside, they do feel further 'in'.
Also she keeps kicking or pressing on what feels like my cervix, which is just the weirdest sensation!
 
Food Cravings:
none
 
Belly Button in or out:
in
 
Gender:
girl
 
Symptoms:
same, same...varicose veins(in my legs and 'other places'[OMG]) and back ache, also getting more tired again now.
 
Anything Making you queasy or Sick?
Eating too much
 
Have you Started to Show yet?
I think I have, but people are still too worried to ask in fear I have just gained more weight
 
What I miss: 
uninterrupted sleep, I guess I should get used to that for the next 10 years ;-)
 
What I'm looking forward to:
We are going to the baby show next week, it's like a giant Baby Expo/Fair with all sorts of fun exhibitors. Hoping to finally settle on the pushchair/stroller.
 
What I'm not looking forward to:
Potentially getting bad news from my glucose test, let's hope I haven't also developed gestational diabetes!
 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your Fox Shirt…so cute!
    The Baby Show sounds fun, I don't think we have those here! That's really awesome that your host family will buy you the crib, what a sweet and generous gesture!
    Good luck on your glucose results!!!

    ReplyDelete