Wednesday, April 23, 2014

37 and 38 week update

How far along:
38 weeks, earlier on in pregnancy I had myself convinced that I wouldn't make it this far, all my friends have had their babies very, very early and I just assumed so would I.
However, at my doctor's appointment today I was told baby's head is still not engaged, so knowing my luck, she will probably make us wait another 4 weeks.


Baby is the size of a:
last week it was a leek, this week baby is the size of a bunch of celery. The whole vegetable comparison has been a bit weird, especially when I see mummies-to-be in the U.S. post pictures of the same vegetable, twice the size they are here.
 
Total weight gain:
18lbs

(37 weeks)
 
(38 weeks-oh my!!)
 
 
Maternity Clothes?
still a mixture

Stretch Marks?
who knows, I don't care really
 

Sleep?
good nights and bad nights.
I invested in a memory foam mattress topper, which has definitely improved things, but I still wake up with hip pain from sleeping on my side.

 
Best moment of the Week:
hearing the heartbeat at my 38 week appointment

Movement:
not as much, but she's definitely still wriggling around

Food Cravings:
ice lollies/popsicles
 
Belly Button in or out:
in
 
Gender:
sweet baby girl
 
Symptoms:
I feel that all in all, I cannot complain too much.
My back hurts a bit and I don't get as much sleep as I'd like but I guess that's to be expected.
Pretty symptom free lately.

 
Anything Making you queasy or Sick?
no
 
Have you Started to Show yet?
definitely.
 
What I miss: 
Being able to get up off the sofa more easily
 
What I'm looking forward to:
Cuddles with my baby
 
What I'm not looking forward to:
Labour

1 comment: